How We Make Money
Money Done Right is both a blog and a business.
As a blog, we seek to provide the best financial content out there.
As a business, we seek to make money.
But we never put our business goal over our blogging goal.
How We Make Money
We make money when readers consume our content, click through to one of our partners’ links, and complete an action such as signing up for an email list, opening an account, or making a purchase.
These links are called affiliate links.
Clicking on our affiliate links does not cost our readers anything, but it helps us to be able to continue to create the best financial content on the web.
Our Commitment to Editorial Integrity
So while our partnerships may influence which companies we review, they do not influence the reviews themselves.
For example, we have partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. This means that both we and CardRatings may receive a commission from credit card issuers. (That said, opinions, reviews, analyses, recommendations we make on Money Done Right are those of our content creators alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by CardRatings or any credit card issuer.)
This means that we published and regularly update a review of Citi Double Cash credit card not only because we think it’s a phenomenal credit card but also because we may receive a commission from the credit card issuer.
However, the fact that we may receive a commission from the credit card issuer does not influence the review itself. We do not make this card sound better than it is just to entice you to click — see our review methodology for the strict guidelines we have when reviewing companies, products, and services.
On the other hand, the PayPal Cashback Mastercard is another great 2%-back credit card, but we do not devote resources to creating a dedicated review of this card because we do not have an affiliate relationship with it.
However, we do include the PayPal Mastercard in our round-up post of the Best 2% Cash Back Cards because we feel it would be disingenuous to say that certain cards are the “best” in a certain category without including a great card like the PayPal Mastercard, which might be a great fit for some of our readers.
Note, however, that because we aren’t “ranking” the “best” cards in descending order of goodness, we may list companies, products, or services with which we have an affiliate or lead generation relationship at the top of the list.
1. We do not accept paid placements or sponsored content as this would interfere with our commitment to objectivity and editorial integrity. We control all content on our site, and it is governed by our content creation methodology.
2. We do, however, have affiliate and lead generation relationships with our partners. This means that if you click one of our links and sign up with or purchase from a partner, we may receive a commission from that partner.
3. These partnerships influence which products and services we review.
4. These partnerships do not influence the content within — and specifically the objectivity of — our reviews or other content we create.
5. We often include in our content products and services for which we do not receive a commission if we feel that it would be beneficial to our readers. However, if there are two products and services that we feel would be equally beneficial to our readers, and we only partner with one, we would likely feature more prominently the product or service we partner with.
For more information, be sure to check out our content creation methodology.
Who Is Behind Money Done Right?
Money Done Right was founded by CPA and personal finance expert Logan Allec.
Since then, the team has grown to include other personal finance content creators with years of experience under their belt.