11 Apps That Pay You Real Money in 2020Make Money Fast
Money Done Right does not run display ads or accept sponsorships to promote particular products or services. However, we may receive a commission if you purchase or sign up through links on this page. Here's more information about how we make money.
Yes, there are legit apps out there that pay you real money in 2019!
Here are our top apps that pay you.
Download them all and see how much you can make!
1. This app pays you to play mobile games.
This is another one of those passive income ideas where you get paid to do something you enjoy, so it’s not really work at all.
How it works is you download a free new app, then download new mobile games through the app.
As you level up in the mobile games, you earn more points that you can redeem for gift cards at Amazon, VISA, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple, Starbucks, and more.
2. This app pays you to go into stores.
Did you know there’s an app called Shopkick that gives you gift cards simply by walking into stores?
You don’t even have to buy anything!
So whether you’re a mall rat or just somebody who goes shopping every now and then, you stand to make a little extra cash this way.
3. This app pays you to walk.
There’s a new app that literally pays you to walk!
How much do they pay? Well, that depends on a lot of factors, most importantly how many steps you take in a day.
You can read how much money I made my first three months in my review.
4. This app pays you just for having it.
There’s an app that will pay you just for having it on your phone.
It doesn’t get much more passive than that!
You heard me right. They will pay you $50 per year per device just for having your app on there!
Talk about the ultimate passive income opportunity!
5. This free app pays you to play slots.
Long Game is a free app that basically gamifies and rewards you for your savings.
Here’s how Long Game works:
(1) You deposit money into your Long Game account and earn interest on it. Note that this money belongs to you, just like it does in your bank account. Long Game does not collect any fees out of the money you put in, and you can withdraw it at any time.
(2) Long Game gives you coins depending on how much you have saved in your Long Game account.
(3) You use these coins to play slot games with prizes ranging from $100 to $1,000,000!
So while you do have to put money into the app to play, this money belongs to you, not the house!
How does Long Game make money to pay their employees as well as your winnings?
Easy. Long Game earns interest on the money you deposit, and it’s out of this interest that it pays out the winnings.
6. This app gets you cash back on grocery stores.
There’s a little-known app called ReceiptPal that literally gives you cash back on things you buy anyway, just for taking pictures of your shopping receipts!
And yes, they pay you cash through Paypal!
7. GetUpside gives you cash back on gas.
GetUpside is a free app that gives you cash back for every gas station receipt you submit!
Also, if you sign up through our link, you get a 20¢ per gallon bonus the first time you fill up!
If you drive a lot (or even if you don’t), this can add up to a decent chunk of change!
8. Swagbucks pays you for random stuff.
Swagbucks ($5 sign-up bonus) is a great app to use to make money whenever you have some downtime, say while you’re in line at the store or while watching some mindless TV program.
There are a variety of ways to make money with the Swagbucks app, including:
- Playing games on your phone
- Using the Swagbucks search engine
- Watching videos
- Taking surveys
- Getting cash back on online purchases
- Using coupons
- And more!
9. Arcadia Power pays you to use less electricity.
Arcadia Power is a free service that rewards you for saving energy when it matters most to the grid and the environment.
You will receive a notification about once per week to save energy for an hour.
If you save energy, you receive cash.
10. Ebates gives you cash back for shopping online.
Ebates is an app that gives you cash back for shopping as you normally would at thousands of online retailers.
11. Worthy Bonds pays you 5% interest on your spare change.
Worthy Bonds is a company that provides bond funding to small businesses — and it’s letting you get a piece of the action.
See, these small businesses (obviously) pay Worthy interest on these loans, and folks like you and me can buy bonds from Worthy that pay 5% interest.
This is far more interest than you could earn in a savings account at the bank.
You can buy bonds in $10 increments and / or link your debit or credit card and round up the spare change on your purchases to invest in bonds.
Logan is a practicing CPA, Certified Student Loan Professional, and founder of Money Done Right, which he launched in July 2017. After spending nearly a decade in the corporate world helping big businesses save money, he launched his blog with the goal of helping everyday Americans earn, save, and invest more money. Learn more about Logan.